Avis Car Hire Namibia Terms & Conditions
Standard Cover Rates Include:
Standard waivers Premium waivers
Full gas bottles Full gas bottles
Roadside assistance Roadside assistance
Airport transfers Airport transfers
Travel pack including maps, books and relevant information
All applicable taxes All applicable taxes
Introduction to the vehicle and equipment Introduction to the vehicle and equipment
Third Party Liability Windscreen, Tyre & Underbody Damage waiver
Towing Cost (Exclude Driver Induced events)
Third Party Liability
Optional Additional Services:
1. Shopping service prior to arrival
2. Route planning and booking assistance
Minimum Rental Duration And Costings:
1. Minimum rental period is 7 days.
2. Each day is a 24 hour period.
3. Where camp equipment is included the day of pick up and drop off are counted as full days irrespective of the time collected or returned.
4. On vehicles without camp equipment days are calculated on a 24-hour period from the collection time.
5. No refunds are applicable for early returns unless arranged in advance and agreed by Avis Safari Rental.
Booking Deposits And Payment Terms
1. A 15% booking deposit is required to confirm a rental, the balance of the full rental is payable prior to or at vehicle collection/handover.
1. 08H00 TO 17H00 Monday to Friday, Saturday from 08h30 TO 13H30
2. Deliveries and collections are included from Monday to Saturday during normal office hours, after hours, on Sundays or public holidays there will be a delivery fee of R350.00( fee subject to change without prior notice) per vehicle/airport transfer.
3. In Namibia no transfer cost is applicable if the delivery/collection occurs on the day of pick up or drop off.
4. Mobile contact numbers are available 24 hours, 7 days a week.
One Way Drop Off And Delivery Fees:
JHB TO CT: R2900.00
WINDHOEK TO JHB: R3900.00
CROSS BORDER DEPO SURCHARGES:
MAUN/KASANE TO MAUN/KASANE: R6100.00 (MINIMUM 7 DAYS)
WINDHOEK TO WINDHOEK: Namibia rates applicable
LIVINGSTON TO LIVINGSTON: R8500.00
LUSAKA TO LUSAKA: R14500.00
1. The Hirer acknowledges that he/she is aware of the purpose for which the vehicle was designed, as well as all safety and maintenance procedures. The Hirer is responsible to look after and maintain the vehicle during use and to return the vehicle in good order, fair wear and tear accepted.
2. In the event of the vehicle or any of its belongings being lost or damaged during the rental period, the Hirer shall be liable to cover the cost of replacement or repair and to make good on any shortages or damages to the vehicle. Insurance cover is included and will cover loss or damage due to theft and collision damages but not lost items or damages due to carelessness or negligence.
3. Cross border travel – written authorization is required for any travel outside of South Africa.
4. Checking the vehicle and signing the contract – it is recommended that the hirer should check the vehicle thoroughly on handover to ensure the vehicle meets with their requirements and it is always beneficial to recheck items like wheel changing tools and tyre condition. On signing the contract the Hirer signs acceptance of the vehicle and equipment.
Repairs And Mechanical Failures:
1. Any mechanical repair or replacement related to fair wear and tear is covered by Avis Safari Rental. Repairs of up to R1000.00 can be affected without prior authorization. On higher amounts prior authorization is required from Avis Safari Rental. Due to the vastness of the area where vehicles are mobile the hirer is responsible to get the vehicle to the nearest workshop. Where not mobile the vehicle should be towed to the nearest workshop for diagnosis.
2. In most cases vehicles are still covered under the new vehicle manufacturers warranty and their warranty conditions will apply where mechanical failures occur. It is important to remember that Avis Safari rental is not the manufacturer of the vehicle or equipment but will do its utmost to select and offer the best and most recommended vehicles and equipment as well as ensure the vehicles are fully maintained and checked prior to departure.
3. Where serious mechanical failures occur due to standard wear and tear and which cannot be repaired timeously a replacement vehicle will be supplied within 24 hours of diagnosis. This relates to the countries of South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Southern Mozambique and Southern Zambia. In countries further North replacement time is within 72 hours.
4. Inconvenience and time loss is not covered for mechanical failures which cannot be anticipated.
5. Towing is covered for the countries of South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Southern Mozambique and Southern Zambia. Further North towing is covered by the Hirer.
Vehicle Maintenance Requirements:
1. The vehicles are all fully serviced and maintained as per manufacturers requirements and Avis Safari Rental has introduced additional maintenance which is completed on vehicles.
2. The hirer is responsible to maintain the vehicle during the rental period. This would include the standard check of tyre pressures, wheel alignment if necessary, oil and coolant levels and to be aware of any symptoms which may arise during the rental period. In addition should the vehicle reach 15000 kilometers during the rental period the Hirer is required to service the vehicle at their expense at a suitable workshop associated to the vehicle manufacturer. Where an official dealer is not available other workshops may service the vehicle with our authorization. The 15000 km service charges are for the hirer and any other repairs related to standard wear and tear on the vehicle will be covered by Avis Safari Rentals.
Collision Damages And Accidents:
1. All accidents must be reported to the local police within 24 hours.
2. Where collision damages render a vehicle unusable, a replacement vehicle can be supplied by Avis Safari Rentals if available but all costs are for the expense of the Hirer.
3. The hirer is responsible for the return of the damaged vehicle to the original office if outside of the borders of South Africa.
4. No refund will be given for lost days due to collision damages.
5. Should the Hirer continue with a new replacement vehicle then a new rental contract and insurance conditions will apply.
6. The exact insurance conditions and area of liability will also depend on the level of insurance selected.
1. Standard Insurance cover, which covers 95% of the vehicle’s value, is included on all vehicles and in all rates quoted. This is not full cover and an excess is applicable, the monetary value of which depends on the vehicle category. The excess is payable for any damage irrespective of the cause of damages.
2. Insurance cover is valid in the following countries; South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Tanzania, Swaziland, Lesotho and Malawi. Special permission is required for any other countries in Sub Saharan Africa.
3. Third party cover: the standard insurance cover includes third party cover for RSA, Namibia, Botswana, Swaziland and Lesotho only. Third party cover for any other country must be purchased at the port of entry.
4. Insurance exclusions;
a. Towing costs outside of South Africa
b. Insurance excess
c. Tyre and windscreen damage
d. A double excess applies for single vehicle accident
e. Theft waiver not included, standard excess applicable
5. Should the vehicle be damaged beyond use or stolen a replacement vehicle is not included in any of the insurance cover options. A replacement can be supplied but a new contract applies and all costs are for the Hirers account.
6. Water damages are not covered by any insurance cover
7. Damages due to negligence or equipment losses are not covered by insurance.
8. A case number or police report is required by insurance for any incidents related to collision or theft loss or damage.
1. The Avis Safari Rentals 4wd vehicles are allowed on all bitumen/tar and gravel roads as well as all recognized public 4x4 tracks in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Lesotho, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mozambique, Tanzania, Swaziland, Malawi. Special permission is required for any other countries in Sub Saharan Africa.
Cross Border Surcharges:
1. A once off cross-border surcharge is applicable when leaving South African borders. This is a once-off charge irrespective of how many borders are crossed. See the applicable fees below.
2. R600.00 fee is applicable for the countries of Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Zambia, and Southern Mozambique (south of the Zambezi River). If the vehicles are collected in a neighbouring country and no borders are crossed then the cross border fee is not applicable but only the delivery surcharges as listed previously. As an example if the vehicle is collected and dropped off in Namibia and no borders are crossed then no cross border fee is applicable.
3. R2000.00 fee is applicable for the countries of Northern Mozambique (north of Beira/ the Zambezi River), Malawi, Tanzania, Uganda and Kenya
4. No surcharge applicable for Swaziland and Lesotho
1. Multiple rentals can be combined to qualify for a longer rental rate.
1. Additional equipment is available through Avis Safari Rentals as non- standard vehicle equipment and in addition to the vehicle rental. This includes electronic equipment like GPS and satellite phones. Avis Safari Rentals may use outside suppliers for this equipment and cannot warrant the accuracy or reliability of this equipment. This equipment should be checked by the hirer on handover to ensure functional and should the equipment fail during the hire period it should be reported to Avis Safari Rentals immediately but we cannot guarantee replacement or repair and this will not constitute a breach of contract or affect the vehicle rental agreement. Avis Safari Rentals will endeavour to refund the rental of such equipment from the date reported or authorize replacement at the nearest town centre where this is feasible. Equipment will be tested by the supplier or manufacturer to establish reason for failure and grounds for refund.
1. The terms and conditions for trailer rentals are the same as the vehicle terms and conditionswith the following exceptions;
- Trailers require on-going maintenance during their use. Wheel bearings and play on the trailer wheels should be monitored by the hirer. We recommend servicing the trailer wheel bearings every 5000 kilometres (these are checked prior to rental). The trailer hitch bolts, jockey wheels and general suspension should also be monitored.
- Trailer replacements are not available in the case of mechanical problems.
Change Of Vehicle:
1. If for reasons beyond our control, the reserved vehicle is not available, Avis Safari Rentals reserve the right to substitute the vehicle with another vehicle in the same category or in a higher category. This shall not constitute a breach of contract or entitle the hirer to a refund.
- In the event of a rental having to be cancelled, the following refund rates are applicable.
- A 15% deposit is required to secure a vehicle rental and the following cancelation fees apply;
- 60 days or more notice: deposit refunded less 20% handling fee
- 30 – 60 days: booking deposit is not refundable. If total rental has been paid the balance less the deposit will be refunded.
- Less than 30 days’ notice: Full rental due. 100% cancellation fee
- On rentals involving 5 or more vehicles a different deposit structure may be requested.
1. The hirer is fully responsible for any damage or related costs to the vehicle or third party if;
- The terms of the rental contract are breached.
- Damage to the vehicle or equipment caused by careless or reckless driving.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Water submersion or salt-water damage.
- If the vehicle is abandoned and no contact is made by the Hirer to Avis Safari Rentals.
- Driving on restricted or closed roads.
- Driving on dunes or off-road where no track is obvious.
Rates and conditions may be subject to change without notice. All information may be subject to change and all measurements and volumes shown are approximate.